Fall 2020 Opening With Flexible Hybrid Model

“Thank you for all the extra work that has gone into opening the school this year.”

- Fall 2020 Parent

Our COVID Planning Phase III document, approved by the TJHD on 7/15/20, may be viewed here

Safety Preparations

Safety Preparations

Our work over the summer has included:

  • Building safety upgrades, including automatic temperature monitoring at the door with a second set of doors to enter the building, a new isolated sick room, upgraded HVAC throughout the building, new HEPA air filtration systems with UV-C and anion function on every floor, after hours UV-C lamps with ozone bulbs, 6’ spaced work areas, hand sanitizing stations, enhanced building cleanings, and more
  • Technology improvements, including an internet upgrade as well as hardware and software additions that allow classes to be attended both live or remotely, and recorded, with no-touch student work evaluation 
  • Faculty training on safety measures with Dr. Denise Bonds, TJHD Director and Renaissance School alumni parent, as well as First Aid / CPR certification - and Youth Mental Health First Aid certification is scheduled
Classroom Experience

Classroom Experience

The faculty have been involved with the planning of our pandemic response from the beginning. They return to the classroom with six months’ experience of rigorous, live hybrid and online teaching with Phase I and Phase II safety measures:  

  • In the fourth quarter we retained our full live class schedule with modifications, reimagined all major programs and events including graduation, and maintained strong community and academic continuity for all of our students (learn more here)
  • Students who work from home are still part of a live community experience, including group discussions, Q&A with teachers, and the social interactions that are so essential to mental health
  • All Renaissance School summer programs have been a mix of students learning from home and in the building following mask, cleaning, handwashing, and social distancing protocols
  • Our method proved highly successful and did not compromise health and safety, or learning and achievement goals
  • In the fall each student and faculty member will be provided with PPE in a back-to-school kit
Full Flexibility

Full Flexibility

Renaissance School is a small school with outstanding, creative faculty. We can quickly pivot from a hybrid classroom environment to 100% online without sacrificing the quality of instruction. Like everyone else, we look forward to the day when COVID-19 is behind us. Until then we remain committed to our students, their families, and to providing the finest college preparatory program available within a safe, supportive, and tightly-knit community.

Currently, 66% of students plan to attend the first day of school in person, and the other 34% online utilizing our live hybrid model. 

We enjoyed a safe, in-person school opening on 8/26. Approximately 72% of students are attending classes in person, with the other 28% online, utilizing our live hybrid model. 

Our COVID Planning Phase III document, approved by the TJHD on 7/15/20, may be viewed here

We invite you to apply to Renaissance School.